Welcome to the Edmonton Branch!
Executive Committee (EC) Updates
We are looking for a volunteer to join the Executive Committee in the role of Vice President. As Vice President, you would be responsible for website updates for the branch, annual bylaw review and amendment, and the annual update of six informational documents. If you are interested in joining the Executive Committee, please email [email protected].
Our Edmonton Branch program for the 2020-2021 program year is coming to a close. Our next event is:
- May 4, 2021 – Simplifying Virtual Events: Behind the Scenes, Laura Carter and Mandy Moon
Check back in for news of a June event and the next program year’s calendar of events!
We remain informed of the COVID-19 pandemic and the recommendations/directives from public health officials. Events may will be modified and/or cancelled.
The Edmonton, Calgary and Red Deer Branches would like to thank the following people who spoke at the Western Canadian Administrative Conference on March 10 and 11, 2021:
- David Yuk – An accomplished Program and Project Manager that focuses on organizational transformation, technology integration and organizational alignment.
- Jeremy Burrows – Author and podcast host of the number 1 Amazon Bestselling book, The Leader Assistant. His passion is to help you lead well and resist burnout.
- Lauren Sergy – Tackles tough speaking and communication issues with refreshing humor and candor. She is an author of a book entitled The Handy Communication Answer Book.
- Matt Day – Combines music and comedy to entertain, engage and motivate.
- Sue Styles – Founder and CEO of her own business school and two-time author of Be Extraordinary – Right Where You Are and The Little Red Stick – What Gets Measured Gets Done. Sue guides solopreneurs to reach the unwavering results they desire.
Thank you to our other recent speakers!
- Connie Jakab – Brave Parent Institute and Wellness Innovate
- Amanda Gould – Policies, History and How to be a Part of Change
- Brian Siddle – Communicating and Marketing
- Lisa Gareau – Get Clear & Planning with Vision! (Nov 2, 2020)
- Kevin Moffitt – Computer Productivity Tips and Tricks (Oct 5, 2020)
- Linda Crawford – Cultivating Emotional Resilience (Sep 14, 2020)
These educational partners in northern Alberta offer courses that fulfill the CCAP program requirements:
- Athabasca University
- Grande Prairie Regional College
- Keyano College
- MacEwan University
- University of Alberta
Visit https://canadianadmin.ca/qaa-designation/educational-partners/ for more information.
AAP branches across Canada provide community support through volunteer opportunities and/or monetary donations to assist local groups/charities. Suit Yourself was selected as our charity of choice in 2020. Visit http://www.suityourselfclothes.org/ for more information about this organization.
If you have questions, you can reach out to:
To see the full list of Executive Committee members and their email addresses, visit the Edmonton Branch members’ only page.