Welcome to the Edmonton Branch!
Photo credit: R. Pearson
The AAP Edmonton Branch Executive Board is working hard to bring refreshed, relevant and FUN events for the branch members for the 2023-2024 program year! Stay tuned to be the first to know about the upcoming events.
Here is a link to the 2023-2024 branch event calendar.
Upcoming Events – 2023/2024
- Sept 5, 2023 – Kyle Craik, Wellness Coach, with The Wellness Dojo will be sharing “Strategies for Work-Life Balance and Personal Wellness”. Learn more about The Wellness Dojo at https://www.wellnessdojo.ca/.
Get your tickets at the link below! Tickets are available starting Aug 22, 2023.
Thank you to everyone who continues to support the Edmonton Branch events by showing up. We greatly appreciate your investment in the AAP Edmonton Branch!
Thank you to our recent speakers!
- Adrienne Bellehumeur, Deanne Beis, Dena Gillies, Jacquie Lesperance, Jamie Moffat, Kevin Moffitt, Kim Westlund, Richard Bucher, Samantha Alexander, Sarah Short, and Tracy Barry – presenters and panelists at our May 3, 2023 On The Move conference
- Rhonda Scharf webinar – 2023 Road Map for Admins
- Kevin Moffitt – Tech Talk: Excel Magic and Making Outlook Work For Your
- Tip of Spear – Self-Defense Class
These educational partners in Edmonton and northern Alberta offer courses that fulfill the CCAP program requirements:
- Athabasca University
- Grande Prairie Regional College
- Keyano College
- Lakeland College
- MacEwan University
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
- NorQuest College (NEW)
- University of Alberta
Visit https://canadianadmin.ca/certification/educational-partners/ for more information.
Congratulations to our recent CCAP/CCAP Associate graduates!
Recent graduates from the Edmonton Branch include:
- Brenda G. Smith, CCAP
- Trish Mohid, CCAP
- Christie Pedersen, CCAP
- Jodi Wilkinson, CCAP
- Lindsay Baker, CCAP
AAP branches across Canada provide community support through volunteer opportunities and/or monetary donations to assist local groups/charities. In March 2023, we volunteered at Edmonton’s Food Bank. We bagged potatoes and helped to build food hampers, and we contributed 6 cumulative hours of time. We also donated the registration fees ($60) for the event to the Food Bank.
Support has previously been provided to WIN House and Suit Yourself.
If you have questions, you can reach out to us at [email protected]. To see the full list of Executive Committee members and their email addresses, visit the Edmonton Branch members’ only page.