Welcome to the Edmonton Branch!
Executive Committee (EC) Updates
We are looking for a volunteer to join the Executive Committee in the role of Vice President. As Vice President, you would be responsible for website updates for the branch, annual bylaw review and amendment, and the annual update of six informational documents. If you are interested in joining the Executive Committee, please email [email protected].
Our Edmonton Branch program for the 2020-2021 program year has come to a close. The 2021-2022 program will be sent out in August, as will news of our September event.
Thank you to everyone who continues to support the Edmonton Branch events by showing up. We greatly appreciate your investment in the AAP! Have a wonderful spring and summer!
We remain informed of the COVID-19 pandemic and the recommendations/directives from public health officials. Events may will be modified and/or cancelled.
The Edmonton, Calgary and Red Deer Branches would like to thank the following people who spoke at the Western Canadian Administrative Conference on March 10 and 11, 2021:
- David Yuk – An accomplished Program and Project Manager that focuses on organizational transformation, technology integration and organizational alignment.
- Jeremy Burrows – Author and podcast host of the number 1 Amazon Bestselling book, The Leader Assistant. His passion is to help you lead well and resist burnout.
- Lauren Sergy – Tackles tough speaking and communication issues with refreshing humor and candor. She is an author of a book entitled The Handy Communication Answer Book.
- Matt Day – Combines music and comedy to entertain, engage and motivate.
- Sue Styles – Founder and CEO of her own business school and two-time author of Be Extraordinary – Right Where You Are and The Little Red Stick – What Gets Measured Gets Done. Sue guides solopreneurs to reach the unwavering results they desire.
Thank you to our other recent speakers!
- Laura Carter and Mandy Moon – Simplifying Virtual Events
- Connie Jakab – Brave Parent Institute and Wellness Innovate
- Amanda Gould – Policies, History and How to be a Part of Change
- Brian Siddle – Communicating and Marketing
- Lisa Gareau – Get Clear & Planning with Vision! (Nov 2, 2020)
- Kevin Moffitt – Computer Productivity Tips and Tricks (Oct 5, 2020)
- Linda Crawford – Cultivating Emotional Resilience (Sep 14, 2020)
These educational partners in northern Alberta offer courses that fulfill the CCAP program requirements:
- Athabasca University
- Grande Prairie Regional College
- Keyano College
- MacEwan University
- University of Alberta
Visit https://canadianadmin.ca/qaa-designation/educational-partners/ for more information.
Congratulations to our recent CCAP/CCAP Associate graduates!
Lisa Koop, CCAP
Lisa is a project assistant with the environment group at WSP Canada Inc.’s Edmonton office, and she provides administrative and project support to offices across Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. She has 17 years’ experience providing administrative support to intermediate and senior management and staff teams. Lisa has several responsibilities, including document control services, proposal support, project data sheet creation, environmental and geotechnical borehole log preparation using gINT software, and operations support in the geotechnical materials lab. When she’s not at work, Lisa is a mom to three daughters (and one son-in-law) and has been married for 27 years. She enjoys gardening, running and reading.
Lisa has always believed in lifelong learning and continuous improvement. She was interested in broadening her horizons and has seen the benefits of belonging to a professional organization, as many of her engineering colleagues do. Lisa found the courses interesting and challenging, and they provided a well-rounded approach to improving her skills. She is proud to have the CCAP designation and looks forward to being involved.
AAP branches across Canada provide community support through volunteer opportunities and/or monetary donations to assist local groups/charities. Suit Yourself was selected as our charity of choice in 2020. Visit http://www.suityourselfclothes.org/ for more information about this organization.
If you have questions, you can reach out to:
To see the full list of Executive Committee members and their email addresses, visit the Edmonton Branch members’ only page.