The Association provides many benefits to office professionals in today’s diversified business world. Belonging to a professional association demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning, the desire to keep on top of emerging trends and technologies, and the willingness to share expertise with members from across Canada.
“I have recently been promoted to Administrative Assistant to a Director. I believe that my membership in this Association helped me obtain that job!” – Judy, Member-At-Large, Feb 2017
The membership year runs from September 1 until August 31 annually.
Steps to becoming a member of the Association:
- Contact a local Branch representative (see Contacts for Membership Inquiries below) for further details on the benefits of becoming a member.
- Complete the online membership application form (please indicate the method of payment, i.e., cheque, e-transfer or PayPal credit card).
CONTACTS FOR MEMBERSHIP INQUIRIES:
- Barrie/Simcoe County Branch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calgary Branch: email@example.com
- Edmonton Branch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hamilton Branch: email@example.com
- Moncton Branch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ottawa Branch: email@example.com
- Toronto Branch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members-at-Large*: email@example.com
* Members-at-Large are those individuals applying for membership in an area not within commuting/driving distance of a Branch.
REGULAR MEMBERS – NEW
Those who have general education and business training, have experience as an Administrative Assistant and who are employed in such function or a related field, at the time of application.
REGULAR MEMBERS – RENEWAL ONLY
Current members renewing their membership who have general education and business training, have experience as an Administrative Assistant and who are employed in such function or a related field, at the time of renewal.
Regular Members reaching the age of fifty-five (55) who are no longer actively employed in the workforce shall be classified as Retired Members and shall have the same membership rights as Regular Members.
Student Members are those who provide proof on an annual basis of fulltime enrollment in a post-secondary institution and who, in the opinion of the Association, are deemed to be worthy of membership in the Association, but do not yet meet the criteria for Regular Membership. A Student Member may serve on a committee, but may not serve on the National Board and does not have voting privileges and must qualify for Regular Membership within four (4) years.
Membership fees for regular and associate members are determined each year at the Annual General Meeting. Fees for the 2018-2019 membership year effective September 1, 2018 are as follows:
- Regular members – $156.00 (for new members, please see the pro-rated fee table below)
- Retired members – $50.00
- Student members – $50.00
For new members only, the pro-rated fees are as follows as of September 1, 2018:
|Month||Pro-Rated Fee||Month||Pro-Rated Fee|
|Sept 2018||$156.00||Mar 2019||$78.00|
|Oct 2018||$143.00||Apr 2019||$65.00|
|Nov 2018||$130.00||May 2019||$52.00|
|Dec 2018||$117.00||Jun 2019||$39.00|
|Jan 2019||$104.00||Jul 2019||$26.00|
|Feb 2019||$91.00||Aug 2019||Aug 2019 applicants will be
processed at the Sept 2019 annual fee rate