Belonging to our professional association means our members have access to a multitude of resources, services, discounts and information! The following list contains brief descriptions of the many benefits Association members can enjoy.
Our Association has many affiliations with partners and sponsors that provide benefits, services and discounts for our members. A brief description is listed below. Members can access full details on our Members Only page:
- Electronic Access to Executive Secretary Magazine – an international magazine full of latest tips, technology and helpful hints and guidelines for all office professionals (this includes access to back issues – refer to Members Only webpage)
- UPS savings (25 – 75%) on shipping services (Note: see Members Only webpage for code for discount)
- Access to “Resume Target” – is a partner site dedicated to Association members. Resume Target provides professional resume writing, job search and career advice services. On our Members Only site you will find a special link that gives you access to first-rate career advice designed specifically for Association members!
- Regular publications of our national newsletter The Communique (and back issues – see Members Only page)
- Access to branch newsletters
- Keeping current in our field by receiving opportunities for webinars and seminars
- Annual Salary Guide from Office Team – access administrative salary information including the latest predictions for starting salaries in a variety of jobs. Our guide includes everything from clerical salary data to salaries for administrative and executive assistants. (Note: see Members Only page for specific website dedicated to office professional salaries)
- Membership in a professional Association with access to shared communications, support and annual trade show, PD day and national meetings that provide networking and meeting with colleagues across Canada
In addition to these discounts, other benefits specific to AAP members include:
- Official Sponsor – #AdminsRock – a one-day annual conference celebrating the administrative professional through education, networking and recognition.
- Official Sponsor – Administrative Professional Conference of Canada – offers a four-day conference in Toronto and a three-day conference in Vancouver for administrative professionals. APC & APC West provides the essential training that you need to stay on top of your game. You’ll pick up skills, inspiration, insights, expertise, and solutions to launch your career and exceed expectations.
- Official Sponsor – Rhonda Scharf, Certified Speaking Professional is a supportive sponsor who draws complimentary seats for her incredible “Minute-Taking Made Easy” seminars (at locations across Canada). Here is a comment from one of our lucky winners:
“Rhonda has some wonderful insights and tips for minute taking. I’ve been taking minutes since 2006 and learned some very valuable information. She stays current with the trends and best practices and incorporates this in a fun and interactive way.”
“Thank you so much for this opportunity! This will benefit me both in my job as well as my many volunteer activities (I always end up taking minutes somewhere). Also, I purchased 3 of her books that she had on sale and can’t wait to jump into those. Life is just a big learning process and it’s nice to know who to go to for some of those administrative questions we all have.”
~ Terry, Moncton Branch*
For further details on our valued sponsors, check them out at https://canadianadmin.ca/sponsors/current-sponsors/