COURSES & FACILITIES
- Management/Supervision Studies
- Effective Business English/ Communications
- Organizational Behaviour
EXAMPLES OF ELECTIVE COURSES
- Business or Commercial Law
- Computer Technology – advanced courses in Excel, Access, etc.
- Event Management
- Financial Accounting
- Human Resources Management
- Project Management
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Website Design/Management
EQUIVALENTS GRANTED TOWARDS CCAP DESIGNATION
Applications to the CCAP Program will be accepted from members who have completed all or part of the course requirements for CCAP certification prior to joining the Association. The CCAP designation will be granted to members who provide proof of successful completion of the course requirements outlined in the CCAP Program. The following is required:
- These members are required to pay the one time non-refundable CCAP enrollment fee of $100.
- These members are responsible for submitting their transcripts of courses taken prior to enrollment in the CCAP Program to a CCAP partnering post-secondary institution for evaluation to determine if they are equivalent to current CCAP course requirements. A representative from the educational facility offering the CCAP program must confirm a final determination in writing of the equivalency.
- Once equivalency is obtained, transcripts and documents verifying equivalency must be forwarded to the National Director – Registrar.
- It is the member’s responsibility to pay all expenses to obtain an equivalency from a CCAP partnering post-secondary institution.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR INTERNATIONALLY EDUCATED STUDENTS
The Association of Administrative Professionals (AAP) requires that internationally educated students currently residing in Canada who are interested in obtaining equivalencies for the Canadian Certified Administrative Professional (CCAP) program have their academic records evaluated by World Education Services (WES). The Association requires a WES Course-by-Course evaluation report. When you apply to WES, either online or by paper application, indicate that you want the Association Registrar to receive a copy of your evaluation report directly from WES. To begin your application with WES, apply online or print out the application form and instructions at www.wes.org/ca/apply.
Students who have previously taken all the courses of the CCAP Program at a partnering university of the Association, must be a member of the Association for a minimum of one full year before qualifying for CCAP designation.
CCAP designation holders must remain members in good standing of the Association of Administrative Professionals to retain the designation of Canadian Certified Administrative Professional.